Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good news, Bad news

 
 
This morning, while reading online newspaper, I realized that I was feeling more drawn to bad news than to good news.  For example, on the front page, there were about 10 good news and 2 bad news. Despite the fact that I had choices, I couldn't help but pick up gruesome news about a serial killer over a story of a 80 year-old philanthropist. 


I know that Bad news sells best, because good news is no news and a thirst for sensational stuff such as violence, sex, corruption is innate to human nature. 

But I still feel weird about my wanting to peek into other people's tragedy, while I post all the happy moments of my life on Facebook.  ( oh...well, people don't usually take a picture in the middle of crying or fighting) 

Just some fleeting thoughts on bad news...


No comments:

Post a Comment