Thursday, February 19, 2009

I've just bought the Kindle 2



 It was an impulse buy. I couldn't resist temptation and placed an order for the new version of Kindle. It will be delivered to my apartment on Feb. 28th. 

So, I convince myself that I will read books REGULARLY and catch up on newspapers and blogs. According to the reviews, it is so convenient to pull down the entire paper so that one can read it offline. 

 I am not sure it will justify 360 dollar price tag, let alone the subscription fee. The New York Times charges $13.99 a month for its Kindle edition, The times and Wall Street Journal charges $9.99. 

If you want to read a good review, Here you are
I hope I don't regret it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Could you bring it to class sometime? I'd love to see what it looks like. I think if newspapers want to have a future, a Kindle-like product has to be part of the strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure, I will bring it. Newspaper people point to the Kindle as a major source of industry salvation. Yet, I am not completely sold on that idea...I will see.

    ReplyDelete