Tuesday, February 17, 2009

journalists are seeking PR jobs

 
A couple of days ago, I got an e-mail from my friend who has worked with Dow Jones for 7 years.  She said that she was leaving her position as a business reporter to become a corporate communication manager at an investment bank. 

Of course, there are many fair reasons for her decision. Better pay, steadier hour, more opportunity in career path... But this struck me hard because I thought she's the last person who would leave journalism for money. 

"It wasn't just money. Nobody goes into journalism for money. but at least you expect it to be fun. It's not fun anymore... I feel like I am turning into just one of the hard working salary men. and I am sick of hearing about tightening budget."

That's what she told me. 

And today I stumbled on the similar story about a prime time journalist turning into strip club manager.  He says, "it got to be more ridiculous to hang on at a newspaper and less ridiculous to take this leap."

well, well, well.
You never know where life will take you. But for now, I feel lucky that the fun is still there for me. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment